The Texas Building Bridges Initiative (TxBBI) is a partnership between Texas System of Care, Texas Health and Human Services Commission, the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, and the Texas Institute for Excellence in Mental Health. TxBBI is committed to creating strong, coordinated partnerships between families, youth, community and residential treatment providers, and policy makers to ensure that comprehensive services and supports are family-driven, youth-guided, strengths-based, culturally and linguistically competent, individualized, evidence-informed, and consistent with research on sustained positive outcomes. TxBBI is partnering with Texas residential program leaders to explore the use of promising, best, and evidence-informed practices that promote sustained positive outcomes for youth and families after residential discharge. Learn more on the National Building Bridges Initiative website.
- 2019 Texas Building Bridges Conference Presentations, Handouts and Resources
- 2018 Texas Building Bridges Conference Presentation
Click on the links below to learn more about core aspects of the BBI work and key resources for further information and guidance.
- Residential Treatment Culture and Administration
- Trauma-Informed Residential Practices
- Family-Driven Practices
- Youth Guided Practices
- Community Collaboration
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence
- Residential Interventions for Children, Adolescents, and Families
- Implementing Effective Short-term Residential Interventions